Flamingo nXt is in development. Meanwhile, you are invited to give it a try.
There are dozens of new features in nXt, including:
* 4-5 times faster than Flamingo 2
* Takes more advantage of multi-core machines
* Better quality images are continually refined and updated until halted, allowing you to trade processing time for quality
* Better anti-aliasing
* Better tone reproduction, more saturated colors
* More sophisticated shading algorithm-- much better materials
* HDR backgrounds and lighting
* Objects as light sources
* Indirect lighting without radiosity that can handle complex models without artifacts or specialized modeling
* Advanced displacement map support
* 2-point perspective in Rhino 5.0
* Shadow-catching only objects and ground plane
* New fractal trees/vegetation technology
* New UI new material editor w/lighting and anti-aliasing
* A 64-bit build for Rhino 5.0
The latest builds include:
* Major stability improvements
* A new indirect light option called Gather
* Enhanced Sharpness slider in materials for better highlight and specular effects.
Details and Download.