Flamingo nXt development is nearly
complete but there are still a few things to do before first release. Meanwhile, everyone is invited to give it a try
This completely new nXt technology brings dozens of new features to
- 4-5 times faster than Flamingo 2
- Takes more advantage of multi-core machines
- Better quality images are continually refined and updated until halted, allowing you to trade processing time for quality
- Better anti-aliasing
- Better tone reproduction, more saturated colors
- More sophisticated shading algorithm. Much better materials
- HDR backgrounds and lighting
- Objects as light sources
- Indirect lighting without radiosity that can handle complex models without artifacts or specialized modeling
- Advanced displacement map support
- 2-point perspective in Rhino 5.0
- Shadow-catching only objects and ground plane
- New fractal trees/vegetation technology
- New UI new material editor w/lighting and anti-aliasing
- An alternate (pathtrace) render engine for enhanced image quality in some cases. The switch is on the Render tab.
- A 64-bit build for Rhino 5.0
The latest build includes:
- nXt Farm support. Render using the processors on all computers in your office.
- Lighting Channels allow you to adjust the level on any light in your scene in real-time after the rendering is complete.
- Many bug fixes including enhanced memory management and stability
Give it a try. I think you will be surprised by the speed, image quality, and ease of use.